STOURBRIDGE GOLF CLUB
Stourbridge Golf Club was formed in 1892 progressing from the original 9 holes laid out on the former Pedmore racecourse to 18 holes in 1909.
The basic outline of that course remains today, measuring 6,231 yards with a standard scratch score of 70 for men and 73 for ladies. During the early 1920’s the club, largely through the Humphries’ family, became a leading competitor in Midland & Worcestershire golf events. But the name of Stourbridge really came to light nationally in 1927 when Dr. William Tweddell won the Amateur Championship and Eric Fiddian the Boys’ Championship.
International honours followed when Dr Tweddell was appointed Captain of the British Walker Cup team and in 1934 Eric Fiddian was selected for the Walker Cup team having won the English Amateur Championship in 1932. In 1961, Dr. Tweddell was elected Captain of the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews.
Par 69 – 5818 yds.
Worcester Lane, Pedmore, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY8 2RB